1. Instructions, prizes and information on how to enter form part of these Terms and Conditions. By entering, entrants accept these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Sponge Holdings Pty Limited of Level 6, 200 Adelaide Street, Brisbane, 4000.
3. The promotional period begins at 12.01am AEST on Monday 10th August, 2020 and concludes at 11.59pm AEST on Wednesday 30th September, 2020 (“Promotional Period”).
4. Entries are open to individuals who complete the survey. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and third parties associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entrants must be over 18 years old.
6. To be eligible to enter, individuals must, during the Promotion Period:
i) Complete the survey
ii) Complete the registration process
iii) Answer the following question “What will the positive impact be as a result of your electromagnetic brand refresh?” In 75 words or less as part of the entry process.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Multiple entries in the one Promotional Period are not permitted. To avoid doubt, entrants may enter the Promotion once in each of the Promotional Periods.
10. The winner of the Promotion shall be judged by the Promoter to have the most creative answer. The Promotion is a game of skill.
11. The judging will take place at 9:00AEDST on Thursday 1st October, 20202 at Sponge Holdings Pty Ltd, 276 Pine Mountain Road, Carina Heights QLD. The winner will be notified by phone and email and announced on the website thesponge.com.au. The prize is to be redeemed within 6 months from the announcement. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner as judged by the Promoter will win the prize. The prizes each consist of one Electromagnetic Rebrand. Prize valued at $16,500
13. The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. All prize elements are to be delivered online.
14. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unable to be utilized by the winner, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
15. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image, voice and/or social media posts content in the event they are the winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
16. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
17. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website(s) is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
18. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non- Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
19. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize / attendance at the prize event.
20. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
21. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
22. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
23. The laws of Queensland apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Queensland.