11 Reasons NOT to Put Off Your Marketing Until Next Year
So you’re probably thinking that there is no sense in starting any marketing or branding discussions with your branding agency this side of the new year, right?
Given the change in the business landscape I challenge you that this is absolutely the right time to do so for the following 11 reasons:
- The gaps in your marketing that you and your team have identified over the past year are still fresh and waiting to be solved.
- You may have a product or service to either launch, or run a promotion for Australia Day, Valentine’s Day, or school going back. Working backwards, now is the right time to get started.
- Go into the new year knowing you are set for a bigger year because your marketing and branding is sorted and you can hit the ground running.
- Due to it being traditionally a quieter period, your branding agency will have time to harness the full potential of focused creative time
- Turn your usual quiet period into a proactive time to rearm your sales team by developing fresh new, relevant marketing and sales tools to motivate and inspire them when they return.
- Technical projects like websites and apps can be developed, tested and debugged, and even safely launched while web traffic is lower.
- If there is any content or homework for your team, often the break provides quiet time for that to be managed. With brainstorming and strategy sorted prior, execution is much easier.
- Some businesses simply do not close for the holidays, so now is the best time to get your branding and marketing right, by virtue of there being no time like the present.
- By bucking the trend you’ll be armed, tested and ready before 2015 gets into full swing. There is a great energy that comes with being proactive and ready.
- Reflect on the resolutions you made for your brand in 2014 that were not met. Use the time now to make these things and more happen for your brand in 2015.
- Your smart competitors will be readying their new marketing to strike first thing in the new year. If you wait and are reactive, rather than proactive, you will be forced to do something that will be rushed and likely too late. Or you could do nothing at all, and neither are what your business needs. Standing still is really falling behind.
What other reasons can you think of to lock in a session with your branding agency in the coming days?
If you haven’t got a branding agency, or feeling you have outgrown your last one, I would love to discuss any ideas you are thinking for 2015 and how my team at The Sponge can get you set. Call 02 8586 0000, or contact through https://www.thesponge.com.au/contact-us/ and we can book a time.