The top 10 signs that it is time to rebrand
For many the turning point when your brand starts failing to accurately represent the business passes by unnoticed (to those in charge) like a cloud in the night sky. The sad thing is that these failings contribute to irreparable poor first impressions, gross misunderstanding of your offerings and less and less new business of the type you want.
There are many reasons your brand can become misaligned with your business. From the experience of The Sponge, here are the top 10 signs that it is time to rebrand your business.
- You are embarrassed by your current brand
- Your business has moved in a new direction
- Management or ownership has changed.
- The logo was designed by an inexperienced staff member or designer
- Potential customers/clients cannot distinguish you from your competitors
- Potential customers/clients cannot see you as compatible to their needs.
- Your employees are not proud of the brand they work for. Simple test: If you print your brand boldly on a t-shirt, would they wear it? (Without threat of firing)
- Your brand was designed using a typeface or a design style that was a fleeting trend and now appears dated.
- You have bought another company and have inherited new elements that should be represented in your brand.
- You have developed a new Company Vision, Mission and/or Core Values that change the way your business works.