How Brand Story Realignment Creates Raving Fans
Branding Insights #6 – How Brand Story Realignment Creates Raving Fans[embedyt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ixLcIXgFW4[/embedyt]
Let me know if this story sounds familiar:
- Your business has changed
- Your products or services have changed
- Your buyers have changed
- Your market has changed
- The way which you communicate with the market has changed
- Technology has changed
This is not a good thing!
Why is your brand story so important?
Your brand story is what underpins all your marketing and messaging. It is what your people unite under, and when they do, it is what creates raving fans. It is a rich and relevant brand story which transforms your business from competing as a commodity to becoming an emotional purchase. This is what brands should strive for, because when you do, you can command your price and reap the profits.
How do you realign your brand story?
We are currently developing a range of options including an online training program to take you through the full process of brand story realignment. But for now lets take one component, which I ran through with my team last week and it is amazing how much power lies within it. We refer to them as your Brand Keys.
- Your Purpose – Some refer to this as your Mission, but purpose is more powerful. It’s your big WHY for existing.
- Your Core Values – What are the handful of rules for your business? Defined, they empower your people to make decisions independently that are in line with your brand.
- Your Key Differentiator – What unique and hard to replicate traits set you apart from your competitors?
- Your Brand Promises – What are your three brand promises and how do you know you’re keeping them?
Once these are defined for your brand you can create a strong company culture around them and there are some cool ways of doing that, but that’s another post.
It is important to revisit these keys on a regular basis with your leadership team so that you brand stays freshly aligned, especially with the speed of change today. Remember, a Story Rich Brand is from the top down. When your leaders live it, they are leading by example.
I’d love to read your thoughts and questions so please share them below now and have a suitably awesome day!